ANY DAY CAN BE A DRUG GIVEBACK DAY!
What does this mean for you?
- Take any unwanted medications to the Ardsley Police Station and simply drop them in the box, no questions asked, 24/7.
- To protect your privacy, remove or cross out any personal identifying information such as name, phone, and prescription number before depositing in the MedReturn unit.
Why is it important to dispose of any unused or unwanted Prescription or over the counter medication?
Have you heard the phrase “Pharming”? Well, it’s known by teenagers, it means using prescription or over the counter drugs for recreational use. A survey of teenagers conducted by the Partnership for a Drug-Free America found that:
- 1 in 5 teens has tried Vicodin, a powerful and addictive narcotic pain reliever
- 1 in 10 has tried OxyContin, another prescription narcotic
- 1 in 10 has used the stimulants Ritalin or Adderall for nonmedical purposes
- 1 in 11 teens has admitted to using cough medicine not for its intended purpose
It’s also good for the environment!
Please do not flush medication down the toilet, it pollutes our drinking water.
All collected medications are taken by the Ardsley Police to a DEA approved facility for proper disposal.